Joining a weight-loss program
Why not find out as much as you can about your health needs before joining a weight-loss program? Below are some questions you might want to ask your health care professional:
About Your Weight Loss Needs
- Do I need to lose weight? Or should I just avoid gaining more?
- Is my weight affecting my health?
- Could my extra weight be caused by a health problem such as hypothyroidism or by a medicine I am taking? (Hypothyroidism is when your thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, a condition that can slow your metabolism—how your body creates and uses energy.)
About Weight Loss
- What should my weight-loss goal be?
- How will losing weight help me?
About Nutrition and Physical Activity
- How should I change my eating habits?
- What kinds of physical activity can I do?
- How much physical activity do I need?
- Should I take weight-loss drugs?
- What about weight-loss surgery?
- What are the risks of weight-loss drugs or surgery?
- Could a weight-loss program help me?